Second Graz Schumpeter Summer School (13-18 July 2009)
Classical Economics After Sraffa: Problems and Perspectives
2010 saw the 50th anniversary of the publication of Piero Sraffa's book "Production of Commodities by Means of Commodities" (Cambridge University Press, 1960). This was a fitting occasion to discuss in depth with leading experts the development, current frontiers of research and open questions of the return to ‘the standpoint of the old classical economists from Adam Smith to Ricardo’ advocated by Sraffa. The Graz Schumpeter Centre (GSC) devoted this Summer School to this theme. The topics dealt with included: production and distribution; capital accumulation and economic growth; innovations and technical change; exhaustible resources and the environment; financial and economic crises; and issues in the history of economic thought.
- Prof. Pierangelo Garegnani, University of Rome III, Italy
- Prof. Harvey Gram, Queens College, New York, U.S.
- Prof. Eiji Hosoda, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Man-Seop Park, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- Prof. Sergio Parrinello, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’, Italy
- Prof. Neri Salvadori, University of Pisa, Italy
- Prof. Bertram Schefold, University of Frankfurt/M., Germany
- Prof. Franklin Serrano, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Prof. Ian Steedman, Manchester Metropolitan University, U.K.